Sunday, April 24, 2011

Beautiful Retiform Cards!

I just love the retiform technique (my up-upline, the very talented Karen Barber) taught me this technique several years ago, and I wanted to bring it back into play again.  I'm having a special class tomorrow night (and again on Wednesday morning) teaching this advanced technique, and I wanted to show you the cards because they are just gorgeous!


For this card, I wanted to use some botanical stamps, so I wanted to use some green.  One of my favorite students, Denise, suggested this color combo.  I wouldn't usually use such dark colors for this technique, or a pink AND a purple (soooo not me!), but for Denise, I try to please.  I like how it came out ... it's important to go outside your comfort zone once in a while.

You need three colors of ink beside the Basic Black, and lots of Post-Its.  You also need a ruler with a cork bottom and a Zig Painty Pen (we don't sell anymore, but you can still purchase at Michaels).

Colors:  Elegant Eggplant, Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Basic Black
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Old Olive
Stamps:  French Filigree, Bella Toile (both retired), Teahouse, Asian Artistry, Wings of Friendship, Bliss, Because I Care, and All a Flutter.


For this card, the colors are more me.  Plus, I used a beachy, islandy theme, which is sooooo me!  I actually messed this card up a little, but I think it still looks great.  Hopefully, I'll find some time today or tomorrow to fix my mistake before class tomorrow night.  It won't affect the class, it's just I'm a little anal.

Colors:  Marina Mist, Cajun Craze, Sahara Sand, Basic Black
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Sahara Sand, Marina Mist
Stamps:  Balmy Breezes, Cheesecloth, Old World Map, Seaside (all retired), and En Francais

If you're interested in taking this class either tomorrow night (April 25th at 7:30pm), or Wednesday morning (April 27th at 10am) for $15, please email me ASAP so I can have your supplies ready.

No comments: