Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Moving to a New Blog!

Technological difficulties have forced me to start a new blog since my photos have been disappearing here, and I can't seem to be able to find any help.  My new blog is called Mix It Up With Ink,  and you can get to it by clicking here.  The new blog is in the very earliest of stages, but we gotta start somewhere.  I'll be posting there from now on, so I hope you'll follow me to the new blog.  I'm planning a giveaway to welcome new followers once I get it all set up and cool & whatnot.  See ya there!

Monday, July 20, 2015

Wendy Vecchi Make Art Challenge--July 2015


Look at me, on a roll!  Kelly and I had another artsy play day, and we decided to work on projects for the Wendy Vecchi Make Art Challenge Blog (to view the challenges, click here).  Every month, they post a challenge, and you have to use at least one Wendy Vecchi product while working on the challenge.  This month's challenge is Polka Dots.  Also, you can enter up to 6 times per challenge, so I made two cards.  This first one uses Wendy's phrenology head, and all the shading on her is done in dots!  I'm using my creative license here.

The background was made using Wendy's alcohol and Archival re-inker technique (if you'd like to see Wendy demoing this technique click here).  Using 3 colors was a challenge, because they get muddy quickly, and you end up with brown.  I got lucky here, and I thought it was mind blowing, so, a-ha moment, use the phrenology head stamp!  I stamped her with Archival Jet Black ink and embossed with Ranger's Clear Embossing Powder.


I juggled a lot of things in my day today, so I thought about all the multi-tasking we do daily and what our minds would look like when being blown ... hence, the words.  I also stamped these with Jet Black Archival ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  It was a little tedious, because I didn't want the words to smear, so I stamped, added powder, and heated after each and every word.  I love the way she turned out!  These word stamps were from two different Stampin' Up! sets (retired).


On the bottom, I used one of Wendy's stencils and her black embossing paste, and I added the angled lines at the bottom.  When that was dry, I used another stencil and added the scallop tops.  I mounted this onto some back card stock with some black fun foam to pop it up.


You can never make just one background when doing Wendy's alcohol technique, so this next one was screaming for some trees.  I first noticed this particular stamp last year at a class I took with Wendy in Connecticut.  I had to have it!  It's from the Trademark Art set, #SCS132.

The dots at the top were made using one of Tim Holtz's stencils and Wendy's black embossing paste again.  The trees were stamped with Jet Black Archival ink, and the word is from Tim's ChitChat pad in kraft, with Black Soot Distress Ink on the edges.  I popped up the word with some foam, and then popped up the whole piece onto some black cardstock.

Sunday, July 19, 2015

July Tim Tag


Just a quick post so I can get my tag in for Tim's tag of the month.  You can see Tim's original tag here.  Of course, Tim did a 4th of July theme, but I like to just do the techniques with a neutral theme, not holiday.  My new sewing machine was acting up on me.  Think I need some thicker thread.

  Since today was my birthday, I kind of guilted Kelly into making one with me.  Her tag is below, and I absolutely LOVE it!


I love her colors, her stamps, everything.  I think she did a beautiful job!

There was an error in this gadget