Friday, March 22, 2013

Shrink Plastic Tattered Florals

Just some quick pics of some shrink plastic flowers I made using the Tattered Florals die for Tim's challenge.  I quickly made these using Shrink Plastic, Adirondack Alcohol Inks, and a Viva Pearl Pen.  These would make adorable little embellishments for a scrapbook page or greeting card.  When my head's not so stuffy, I'm going to make more in different colors!







Tim's Tattered Floral Challenge

 Tim's had this Tattered Floral Challenge on his blog for a month now, and he's choosing the winners tomorrow.  As always, I've waiting until the last minute, and to make matters worse, I've had a sinus infection all week!  Even though my head is stuffed up, I can't stop thinking about this challenge!

I decided to get out of bed and play a little.  I found this printed burlap when I went to JoAnns to find some crinoline (Tammy Tutterow made some beautiful flowers for this challenge using this stuff).  I wanted something between the layers, so I took some used dryer sheets and sprayed them with Black Marble Dylusions Spray Ink.  I ran that through my Vagabond w/copy paper between each layer.  I held it all together with an Antique Brad from Stampin' Up!


I'm thinking this would make a beautiful pin on a black sweater, or a nice embellishment on a black/kraft card.  I'll have to work on that another day when I'm feeling better.


Sunday, March 17, 2013

Britta Swiderski Creative

I was introduced to Britta Swiderski Creative blog today, and her tutorial was so inspiring, I had to try it out!  The video was quick and clear ... I hate when I click on a tutorial and the person stammers, blathers on endlessly, doesn't have their supplies on hand, camera angles are off, and they take 15 minutes to do a 2 minute technique.

Here's the card I created using her techniques:


The base of the card is Stampin' Up!s Crumb Cake cardstock with some Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges.  The background was done using Wendy Vecchi's polka dot background and Aqua Adirondack ink from Ranger on white cardstock.

I used Britta's technique of painting on some white scrap with two colors and blending them together with my finger.  Beautiful!


Black Staz-On ink was used for all the black stamping.  Britta had a fabulous tip when paper-piecing:  use a black brush tip marker around the edges of your cut piece so it looks like you cut it out perfectly.  Simple magic!


I love these techniques, and I can't wait to teach this card at this week's Technique class!


Tim's Tags of 2013--March



 So far, Grace and I are 3 for 3 this year.  I enjoy the Tags of the Year much better than the Tags of Christmas.  Not only do we get different themes throughout the year, we also have 4 weeks to get each tag done!  lol  My tag is above with the leaf, and the Master's is below with the bunny.


My colors are more muted then Tim's, but we had a ball doing the techniques, and that's what counts.  We worked on these tags about 2 weeks ago, so I figured I better post it before April rolls around.

As always, I didn't have everything Tim used, so I substituted.  I used green metallic pipe cleaners for under my leaf.  I had silver pipe cleaners, but not enough for both Grace & I, so I gave them to her so she could color hers pink (she used a flower die).

 I like the extra texture I get on my paper from my (very) used cutting plates.  If you click on the picture of the banner below, you can see the lines from previous cuts.


We made our own grass by cutting long slender triangles out of a strip of Bundled Sage Co'ordinations cardstock.  I then added some Vintage Photo Distress Ink with my ink blending tool.


These flower stick pins were alot of fun to create.  Can't wait for Ranger to release the rest of the Distress color palette for the new Distress Paints.

There was an error in this gadget