Sunday, March 17, 2013

Britta Swiderski Creative

I was introduced to Britta Swiderski Creative blog today, and her tutorial was so inspiring, I had to try it out!  The video was quick and clear ... I hate when I click on a tutorial and the person stammers, blathers on endlessly, doesn't have their supplies on hand, camera angles are off, and they take 15 minutes to do a 2 minute technique.

Here's the card I created using her techniques:


The base of the card is Stampin' Up!s Crumb Cake cardstock with some Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges.  The background was done using Wendy Vecchi's polka dot background and Aqua Adirondack ink from Ranger on white cardstock.

I used Britta's technique of painting on some white scrap with two colors and blending them together with my finger.  Beautiful!


Black Staz-On ink was used for all the black stamping.  Britta had a fabulous tip when paper-piecing:  use a black brush tip marker around the edges of your cut piece so it looks like you cut it out perfectly.  Simple magic!


I love these techniques, and I can't wait to teach this card at this week's Technique class!


2 comments:

Lisa H said...

Stephanie, I love how this looks! That blended color is sweet looking. I'll have to go check out that tutorial. Thanks for joining in the Inspiration Journal March challenge. =) Good luck!

Sue from Oregon said...

Thanks for joining our March challenge at Inspiration Emporium!

Such a lovely creation-Love the globe stamp and the CAS style of your card!

♥ Sue Kment