Monday, May 9, 2011

Ooops! I forgot!

As I was designing the scrapbook spread for my next class, I realized that I never posted the cards from last week's Technique class.  Ooops!


This first card was soooo very simple!  We used a product called Flower Soft on the tops of the flowers.  I chose to use this product because a couple of weeks ago, some of my students & I went to the Heirloom Stamp Festival in Allentown, PA.  One of the make 'n takes was with Flower Soft, and it was so much fun to use!  I mentioned that I had some of this, and the girls wanted to use it on a card, so what's my motto?  You ask for it, you get it!  The cardstock was Perfect Plum & Whisper White; Herb Expressions stamp set; Framed Tulips embossing folder; Perfect Plum ink and an Old Olive 1/4" grosgrain ribbon bow.  Simple!


This next card was watercolored because another student stated that she wanted to try watercoloring.  We used watercolor paper, Cajun Craze & Early Espresso cardstock; Black StazOn ink and the following watercolor crayon colors:  Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, Basic Gray, Always Artichoke, More Mustard & Pumpkin Pie.  We also used a buckle from the retired Hodgepodge Hardware in Aged Copper on some 1/4" Twill Tape.  The embossing folder was one of Tim Holtz's Alterations called Woodgrain.


And, finally, this last card had lots of techniques:  3-step stamping, stamping off, Color Spritzer, Distressing, and our Pearl Jewels.  I used our retired notecard & envelopes, but you can still get them ... they're just a little bigger than these.  We stamped using the retired Roses in Winter set (love, love, LOVE this set!  I just used it on this month's scrapbook spread!), with Regal Rose, Old Olive, Marina Mist & Basic Black inks.  We used the Chocolate Chip marker in the Color Spritzer tool, and the Tea Stain inkpad from our Distressing Kit.


No comments: