Monday, March 31, 2014

March Tim Tag


I was waiting and hoping my friend, Grace, could work on this tag with me this month, but the poor girl has been working so hard, she never got the chance.  Instead, Kelly was home this past week, and she played with me!

As always, you can click here to see the original tutorial on Tim's blog.  The technique this month was smudge stamping.  I wasn't too crazy about the composition of my tag, so I whipped up a 2nd tag today and that's at the end of this post.


I think this tag was coming along great until I put that large numbered stamp down the center with Black Soot ink.


Two pieces of tissue tape in the upper right corner.


This colorful jute string was part of my prize from last month's tag.  Love it!


These were Kelly's tags ... she did a great job!  The colors are just gorgeous!  We did the March tag so quick, we decided to do the November tag from last year that I missed.  What a difference using the Frosted Crystal embossing powder!  Worked like a charm!  I was nervous that I'd melt it too much, but it really was a very easy technique.


These are the tags I whipped up today.  I used a clear polymer stamp set, and I don't think it holds as much ink as a traditional rubber stamp does.  The 2nd generation tag was so light, I decided to throw it in my background tag bag to use another time.


I like the composition of this tag much better, but I'm not sure which tag I'll use to post on Tim's blog as my entry for March.  I'm gonna do that when I'm done here, so I'll have to pick soon.


Close up of the smudging.


I decided to paint on some metal foliage instead of using another word band.  Fun!

No comments: