Sunday, January 25, 2015

1-26-15 Techniques Class

I've been playing all weekend, and I wanted to post some quick pics of the cards we'll be making in my class tomorrow night from 7-9pm.  Please contact me ASAP if you're interested in joining us, so I can prepare your supplies.

 
I designed this card after being inspired by Kristina Werner.  She made a beautiful Valentine's Day card, and you can view it here on her blog.

 
This 2nd card is made with one of Tim Holtz's Stamper's Anonymous/Sizzix stamp/die sets called Blueprint Cupcake, designed by Mario III.  For instruction in my class, we're only going to do 2 full layers, but this set comes with 6 dies:  full cupcake w/burning candle, bottom of cupcake, icing, candle, flame, and a label tag.  You can do so much with this set by layering the different sections of the cupcake.  I love all of Mario III's blueprint stamps.

 
And, finally, this 3rd card was inspired by Jennifer McGuire.  I just love her blog!  She posts, pretty much, every weekday.  She includes video tutorials for every card, and she has a family (including a toddler!).  I wish I had her time management skills & dedication!  You can see her original post here.  She uses notecards a lot for her card bases, and on her card, she used a beautiful shimmery blue note card.  To make my cardstock shimmery, I just used the old Perfect Pearls in a Mini Mister trick.  You can just Google the technique, or here's a link (you don't have to add a Distress color though).
 
I still have 2 spots available for tomorrow night's class, so contact me ASAP!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you teach classes? If so how can I get some information on what and when?