Sunday, March 8, 2015

March Make ART Challenge


QUICK UPDATE:  I found out this morning (3/28/15) that I won this challenge!  So exciting!  I received a $25 gift certificate for www.simonsaysstamp.com, and it's already spent!  lol

There's a new challenge on the Make ART Challenge Blog for fans of the lovely Wendy Vecchi.  This challenge is to use Wendy's stencils, and I couldn't decide which to use, so I used four!  The tiny text, sentiment & butterfly are all stamps.  The tree, top/bottom borders, outline of butterfly, and sentiment are all using Ranger's Archival Inks.  The background, butterfly, & honeycomb are all Distress inks/markers.  I glued the butterfly onto Wendy's Clearly For Art and shaped it using my heat gun.  I also added some tiny dots with Ranger's Black Enamel Accents, and some squiggly lines with a black gel pen.  The random winner of this challenge gets a $25 gift certificate to http://simonsaysstamp.com.

3 comments:

Julia Aston said...

I love that tree stencil - so sweet with the butterfly!

Becca Cruger said...

That's soooo lovely and such a great little sentiment!

wendy vecchi said...

LOVELY!!!
perfect for spring!
CONGRATS on your WiN!