Look at me, on a roll! Kelly and I had another artsy play day, and we decided to work on projects for the Wendy Vecchi Make Art Challenge Blog (to view the challenges, click here). Every month, they post a challenge, and you have to use at least one Wendy Vecchi product while working on the challenge. This month's challenge is Polka Dots. Also, you can enter up to 6 times per challenge, so I made two cards. This first one uses Wendy's phrenology head, and all the shading on her is done in dots! I'm using my creative license here.
The background was made using Wendy's alcohol and Archival re-inker technique (if you'd like to see Wendy demoing this technique click here). Using 3 colors was a challenge, because they get muddy quickly, and you end up with brown. I got lucky here, and I thought it was mind blowing, so, a-ha moment, use the phrenology head stamp! I stamped her with Archival Jet Black ink and embossed with Ranger's Clear Embossing Powder.
I juggled a lot of things in my day today, so I thought about all the multi-tasking we do daily and what our minds would look like when being blown ... hence, the words. I also stamped these with Jet Black Archival ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. It was a little tedious, because I didn't want the words to smear, so I stamped, added powder, and heated after each and every word. I love the way she turned out! These word stamps were from two different Stampin' Up! sets (retired).
On the bottom, I used one of Wendy's stencils and her black embossing paste, and I added the angled lines at the bottom. When that was dry, I used another stencil and added the scallop tops. I mounted this onto some back card stock with some black fun foam to pop it up.
You can never make just one background when doing Wendy's alcohol technique, so this next one was screaming for some trees. I first noticed this particular stamp last year at a class I took with Wendy in Connecticut. I had to have it! It's from the Trademark Art set, #SCS132.
The dots at the top were made using one of Tim Holtz's stencils and Wendy's black embossing paste again. The trees were stamped with Jet Black Archival ink, and the word is from Tim's ChitChat pad in kraft, with Black Soot Distress Ink on the edges. I popped up the word with some foam, and then popped up the whole piece onto some black cardstock.