Monday, March 21, 2011

Wendy Vecchi Challenge #5

I finished challenge #5 for my Everything Wendy Vecchi yahoo group on time, but since my computer crashed, I'm just getting around to posting it today. Hopefully, I'll get around to making the project for challenge #6 done and posted before the deadline tomorrow night! lol

The challenge was to use chipboard letters and one of Wendy's 'scroll' images (I call them 'flourishes'). I had the base of the card done with the house, and I was showing it to my students at my last class, and we were discussing what I could do with the scroll image, and we came up with clouds!

On to the deets: I used Stampin' Up! Basic Black textured cardstock for the card base and I used a 3x3 chipboard coaster on top. I painted the coaster using Pebble Paint Dabber, and after a 2nd coat, I'd gotten impatient, so I used the heat gun to speed up drying. The paint crackled, and I really liked the effect! Next, I stamped on it with one of Wendy's great background stamps and the black Adirondack ink.

I stamped the house and 'clouds' on grunge paper and cut out. The letters are from one of Tim Holtz's grungeboard sets and I colored everything with Tim's Distress inks and the applicator tool. I also added some Stampin' Up! Crystal Effects to the house.

This house image is really only half the design ... I stamped the entire design on grunge paper, but I cut off the words and colored them differently and adhered them on the inside. I think this will make a really cute new home card. Now, I just need someone to move! lol



2 comments:

Marjie Kemper said...

Love your coloring of the letters!

Art By Wanda said...

Wonderful card!!! Way cool how you made the clouds!!!!