Thursday, January 3, 2013

More Tim Tags

My son's girlfriend, Tanya, stayed with us for a few days. Since she graduated college, they don't get to see each other as much these days. *Sigh* Anyway, on the days Brendan had to work, Tanya wanted to do "arts & crafts". The first day we played, we made the extra tag Tim posted on his website to catch up for January (he didn't start the 12 Tags of 2012 until February, and he always said he'd give us an extra to make up for January).  You can check out Tim's blog to see instructions to make these tags on your own.


Tim's tag is on the left, and mine is on the right.

I thought I had the little Christmas Idea-ology charms, but I couldn't find them, so we decided to use the numbers instead.  Not crazy about the gold flourish underneath them, but hey, it's all about learning and doing the techniques.
 

I also didn't have the die he used for the saying.  I had a long banner Sizzlit from Stampin' Up!  That says Cheer & Peace & Love & Joy (something like that).  We used it on some Co'ordinations cardstock and cuts the words apart.  I really liked the ampersand, so I decided to take a scrap of Black Co'ordinations cardstock for that.  We sanded everything, and glued the ampersand directly to the tag and popped up the words.

 
I just received the poinsettia set in my big box of Ranger goodies Rick bought me for Christmas!  I just love how this turned out!
 
 
We covered the grungepaper with Tim's Tissue Wrap before die cutting the pieces out.  Then we inked 3 leaves green and the rest red (sorry, don't remember the colors, but we used whatever Tim used in his tutorial).  I know we used Brushed Corduroy on the center piece.  I also added some Glossy Accents to the center piece when I was finished assembling.

 
We took a break for dinner, and went back down to the classroom for more fun.  I'll have to post about that tomorrow because my desktop is giving me trouble, and I'm finishing this post on my laptop.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh...I can honestly say I really really like yours more then Tim's...... Yours has better coloring...... Doesn't all blend in.... beautiful job....