My son's girlfriend, Tanya, spent a few days with us while Brendan was home from college during the holidays. Every time he had to work, Tanya would ask to do "arts & crafts". We decided to make a couple of Tim tags. I already posted about the extra Dec. tag (poinsettia) we did, and here is the April tag (2012 obviously). You can get complete instructions on Tim's blog, and they'll always be archived.
We began by stamping one of Tim's Reflections stamps right onto the embossing folder. The tags are taller than the folders, so the whole thing doesn't fit. I wasn't thinking when I put it in, and my text came out upside down. Tim suggests that you carefully cut a slit in the embossing folder (only in the center, not all the way to the ends) where it folds. Then, you can stick the top of the tag out through the slit. It's a little unnerving, but once you've done it, it's really no big deal.
After inking and coloring the base tag, we got out the grungepaper. We cut out the bird & branch, and used the colored distress embossing powders to color the branch. I didn't have the green he used, and the closest I could come to it was the Wild Wasabi Stampin' Up! embossing powder.
We colored the bird with Distress Inks and adhered it to the tag. I only had two crown charms left, so I gave Tanya the smaller crown. I like the way this one balances on his head ... reminds me of the old commercials for the butter where someone would take a bite, and a huge crown would appear on their head.
We colored the ribbon with Distress Stain and I adhered one of Tim's Trinket Pins and a key.
At the bottom, we used one of Tim's Word Bands and attached it with string adhered using the Tiny Attacher. We wrapped the strings to the back, and I held them down with some heavy duty packaging tape.
And, here is the master's version: