It's the beginning of the month, and you know what that means! New Tim Tag! You can view Tim's original tag and his tutorial here. I gotta admit tho, I wasn't that crazy about it. I'm not into holiday themes, which usually isn't a problem, cause then I get to really get creative and put my spin on it. But this month's tag is a collage, and I'm not crazy about those either! Well, using his highlighting techniques, I went for it, and I really like it ... plus I had fun, and that's the whole point of making these tags ... to learn new techniques, and to have fun!
I actually remembered to take pictures as I was making it, so here we go ...
I laid out my papers on the tag how I wanted them. I chose to do a floral theme, and this black text paper had some beautiful. embossed flowers on it, so I decided to cut around the 3 leaves on the left so I could tuck the other papers under them.
I glued the papers down with Glue n' Seal, being careful not to get any under the leaves I cut around. The papers seem to adhere better if you add adhesive to both the tag, and the papers you're gluing down. When finished, I used the brayer to roll out air bubbles and get good adhesion. Now to let it dry a little.
Once dry, I was able to trim around the tag's edge.
I sanded the edges of the tag, and the edges of each paper.
Coated with a thin layer of glue n' Seal, and let dry again.
After impatiently waiting for it to try, I put some Picket Fence Distress Paint on my craft sheet, and applied lightly to tag with my finger.
Skipped a pic here, cause it would've practically been the same as before. lol
I added another thin layer of Glue n' Seal, and let dry (so much drying time in this tag! Ugh!).
Using a Black Soot Distress Marker, and working one small section at a time, I drew between the papers and immediately smudged with my finger. (At the end, I also did this step around the edges of the tag.)
I added a small Industrious Sticker frame, and repeated the process with the Distress Marker. I also added some to the top of the sticker to get some black in the details.
I found some wool felt, and some weaved fibers and cut three layers from the Tattered Florals die. I used my new Brother sewing machine (Christmas present!), and stitched the layers together.
I poked (gouged, really) a hole in the center to add the flower with a brad.
*inky, messy backside of tag
The good part about hoarding is that you can find some really cool stuff! I found the decorative button brad and this Stampin' Up! lace ribbon. I stitched a scrap of the lace ribbon to the tag.
Can't remember what these thingys are called, but they're from Tim's Idea-ology line. I didn't want white, so I used 3 drops of Mushroom Alcohol Ink to tone it down and age it a little.
I added it on the lace ribbon with 2 pewter brads, and then smashed them with my hammer!
I wanted to repeat this embellishment like Tim did, so I used one of his Typecharms, with an 'F' for flowers.
I added some Picket Fence Distress Paint to the arrow ...
and, while it was out, on a Wordband too.
After letting it sit for a few seconds, I gently wiped the excess paint off the surface, and the paint remains in the recessed areas.
Adhered the Wordband to the tag with 2 more brads, and smashed them too! I also did the Black Soot Distress Marker around the edges of this as well.
I wanted to bring in the lace ribbon again for the top, but I didn't want it to be so matchy-matchy. I found this leaf ribbon and decided it was meant to be.
Here's a look at the final tag again. I made this over a 2-day period because of all the drying time. I was playing computer games in between, and at one point, I had to go to bed!