Monday, June 18, 2012

Graduations Galore!

I've got 8 graduations this year!


I decided to copy (what I thought was) a simple card designed by Marlene Peters (all supplies by Stampin' Up!).  Yeah, basic card, but 6 layers, 4 of which got the corners punched with the Ticket Corner Punch (that's 16 corners per card, times 8 cards!  Oy!).  Still, very simple ... Basic Black card base, layered with Basic Grey & Whisper White.  The Baroque Motifs swirl was stamped with Real Red ink.


I decided that if any of these kids really decided to check out the diploma, I'd make it more than just a piece of white paper.  I used Microsoft Excel and created 8 little diplomas.


After cutting them apart, I had to roll them up and tie them with Real Red 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon.  I used Tombo Temporary Adhesive to hold them together, but it wasn't so easy tying a ribbon around those slippery little buggers!


I attached the little diplomas with 3 mini glue dots.

I have to send 7 of them to various parts of the country, but my nephew, Joe's graduation party was this past Saturday.


He's just like his father (my brother, Mike) when it comes to having his picture taken ... they usually cover their face when they see a camera coming.  Joe was nice to me here and let me take a pic of us together.  He also just received 2 small scholarships (hey, every penny helps!), and got his Eagle Award like his older brother, Michael, and my son, Brendan.  So proud of all our boys!

The best part of this party was having 3 of my 4 siblings together for a group pic (Karen, the oldest, lives in Arizona).


That's my sister, Marisa, on the left.  She lives in Maryland (we used to tease her that she must be the milkman's kid!  lol).  Next is me, then my brother, Michael, who lives in Ringwood.  Alecia is on the right--she lives in East Windsor, and she's the grandmother of my sweet great nephew, Rian, now living in Italy :-(.

We also got my beautiful Aunt Eleanor to the party.  I drove down to Toms River to get her.


She's my favorite aunt, and I love & miss her soooo much!  Here she is with my brother, and my wonderful hubby, Rick.

No comments: